Saturday 24 January 2009

When £1m really isn't enough


I seem to know increasing numbers of people fighting off various forms of cancer these days including three who I’d rely on as friends. So while I applaud this news , I somehow find it incredibly sad that we read about it in a week when football talk has been of £100m transfers and £300,000 per week salaries. Just as obscene is the return to broadcasting this week of Jonathan Ross, still on his reportedly over inflated £18m contract from licence fee coffers.

Perversely, while cancer exists as a threat to us all, Cancer Research Wales relies on sponsored walks, runs, treks, skydives, bucket collections and events to attain vital funds desperately needed to research its causes. I can’t help getting the feeling it’s all arse about face.



nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home