Tuesday 7 April 2009

Simple pencil marks, but so welcome.



I went to see a former colleague at our local hospice this morning, but sadly due to fatigue, his Doctors had understandably decided that he was not able to receive non-family visitors. Thoughtfully the hospice in Wrexham provides little cards to fill in with a message and they were passing it on to him, so anyone reading this who knows who I'm talking about, please still go if you planned to and write out a card.

I came home and feeling rather glum, decided to dive into the long overdue decorating my wife has planned for our dining room and that meant the removal of the old wallpaper first. After a few minutes of steamer work some old pencil markings came into view and it was a joy to find that they were where I’d marked the girls heights back in 1996 when they were 9 & 6 and how I'd then covered them over with wallpaper. It’s strange how such a simple action a long time ago suddenly re-surfaced today of all days and how just a few pencil marks can lift the spirits when they needed them lifting most!


nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home