Tuesday 9 February 2010

World Cup 2010, Durban's magnificent stadium.





This is the magnificent Moses Mabhida stadium in Durban, built for this year’s World Cup. Named after a former leader of the SA Communist party, the stadium will host Brazil v Portugal amongst others. It has an enormous arch similar to Wembley, which is open for visiting either by 550 steps or by a tram, you are given a safety harness! However, at the top of the arch it is impossible to view the stadium, only the panorama.





I have an apology to make here. I was one of the many sceptics who thought SA was incapable of building the stadia to host the World Cup. Having seen this one, I realise I was completely wrong and I have no doubts that we shall be watching a memorable tournament.


nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home