Wednesday 28 April 2010

My conscience, my decision.

I have had to send the following email to withdraw my acceptance for a husting event this week. It's self explanatory and echoes the same sentiment I expressed on the 29th October last year when I criticised Lembit's offer to debate with the BNP.



nick



Dear xxxx

Thank you for your email, although I have to admit I am saddened by its content. My disappointment stems from the inclusion of a candidate who represents what can only be described as an 'extremist' party. Of course it is your husting event and you are at liberty to invite who you so wish, however in the same vein it is also at my discretion who I choose to share a platform with, a right that I'm sure you respect.

Several of the roles I have undertaken in the past and indeed that I currently perform are targeted towards achieving inclusion and tolerance within our communities. Consequently I feel unable to partake in an event that effectively will help to legitimise a political party which seeks to undermine that target.

yours sincerely

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home