Saturday 19 March 2011

Can you afford to be educated?

At no time whatsoever have I thought tuition fees were a good idea. I felt they were unfair when they were first introduced and I still maintain it should be every citizens right to a decent education, irrespective of social standing or wealth. The news that the Student Loans Company has as its highest highest debtor, an individual to the sum of £66,150 is appalling.

My daughters both carry the burden of their tuition fees around their necks. I find it bizarre that those who thought they should pay for their university education, acquired theirs for free. Paid for by a nation that benefited in the long run through having achievers fulfilling their potential. Yes fees are lower here in Wales and whilst I'm grateful of that, I am equally horrified that students in England are so unfairly treated. To throw a postcode into the mix for opportunity, is callous and cruel.


nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home