Sunday 13 July 2008

Shock Tactics? No, just the wrong tactics!


Oh dear, please let this story be wrong.

Shock tactics! Taking knife carriers to hospitals and prisons! So just let me work this one out in my head. We’re going to take knife-wielding offenders who are prepared to plunge them into another human beings body and we’re hoping to shock them by showing what some other thug has already managed to do. Worse still, we're going to try and shock them with a glimpse of how tough life is in today's prison system. If I was a recuperating victim who’d already had the misfortune of being ‘sliced’ by some of these cowards, the very last thing I'd want to see is another offender while I'm pondering my lifelong scarring or if I'll ever have the courage to venture outside my door again!

Is there no depth of crass stupidity the dinosaurs at the Home Office aren’t prepared to stoop to before they start to actually address the problem properly? The scourge of gangs, knives and knife culture will not be altered one jot by this half-hearted, half-baked idea.


nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home