Tuesday 22 September 2009

No excuse for this shoddy performance

If you work for a single organisation throughout your career and if you appreciate that as a result of that association, your mortgage got paid, your family got fed and in particular, that organisation took care of you when you weren’t well, then it’s not surprising that you care about it long after you go your separate ways.

That’s been the case for me, particularly as I receive my pension every month and I still have friends within the North Wales Police. I know that the vast majority of officers perform their role in a manner way in excess of what is expected. It isn’t pleasant therefore, to stand by and watch the image of that organisation often get tarnished by those who should know better. The antics of the former Chief Constable received enough publicity, as did officers thrashing their pet dogs on television. It all leaves a nasty taste in the mouth, but this deplorable story is just about as low as it gets.

I sincerely wish Mark Polin, the newly appointed Chief Constable, the very best of luck in his efforts. The citizens of North Wales deserve better.


nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home