Saturday 28 November 2009

A Woman's Best Friend

Not much generates a reaction from me in this violent world of ours these days, but this just did.

Here is one life that just may have been saved if this stupid ‘pets not allowed’ rule had been relaxed. I treasure the company from our old pooch. She’s 15, had more strokes than I can remember and yet when I’m in the house alone with her, I still talk to her as if she understands me. Julie accuses me of wanting her to live forever, but I simply want her to go peacefully in our garden, which has also been her domain from the moment she arrived. She’s been the perfect companion for two little girls to grow up with. She was soft enough to let them dress her up, yet she stood by them and growled whenever a stranger called at our house. I therefore completely understand that this poor woman in her frightened state, simply wouldn’t leave her dog behind, it’s obvious that she thought of her as the one companion she could rely on. It’s such a shame that the people who made this rule didn’t stop to think about a dog owners loyalty to the one character in their life who hasn’t betrayed them!


nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home