Friday 29 August 2008

Cha-ching...that'll be £56.50!!



Anyone who has had recent experience of the Driving Test will be thinking ‘I damn well knew it’ with the news that an AM is asking why it appears "harder" to pass tests in North Wales than other parts of the country.

When I questioned the pass/fail rates at our local centre, which at that time was threatened with closure and has in fact since closed, I was told my suspicion was bordering on paranoia. So I watched as my daughters and their pals regularly went through the motions of failing a test, coming home and having to wait 10 days and most importantly, paying for yet another test. Each failure allegedly down to a completely different set of major faults. I then noticed how they all eventually opted to attend a different Test Centre and miraculously they all passed at their first attempt in the alternative venue.

Was I paranoid to suspect that some examiners knowing their employment future was less than secure, could have possibly been deliberately failing young people in order to ensure a steady supply of candidates to keep the Centre busy? Oh as if!!


nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home