Monday 27 April 2009

Sad news

I'm deeply saddened today by the sudden death in a road accident outside Brisbane, of the 19 year old brother of one of Lori's school pals. Lori is heartbroken and I feel for her.

However I am totally at a loss to even begin to comprehend how the young man's family must be feeling. Having seen Lori travel to Australia herself last year and work through her 1 year student visa, I know that we never managed to put away the parental concern that she was okay. She could 'phone and re-assure us daily that everything was fine, but all parents know how you still worry. It's part of the job to worry! When she walked through the door at Manchester airport I think I hugged her for at least 2 minutes. The thought of his parents not now being afforded the same joyous moment is extremely distressing.

Very sad indeed.


nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home