Tuesday 3 November 2009

Life Line Screening

Thank you so bloody much, whoever sold my personal details to a company called Life Line Screening!

Apparently this American company is now plying its trade in the UK and this morning I’ve been terrorised by their letter which screams “Cardiovascular disease is the #1 killer of men and women in the United Kingdom – and a leading cause of permanent disability”. There’s a lot of drum beating about being over 50 years of age too. They must know I’m 52. Mooching around the web shows these characters have been at this for a while now.
I also found this interesting letter to Karen R Law, the Director of Clinical Operations for LLS. Kind of sums this company up!

So for a modest £139 I can go to a local community centre (!) and be given 4 different screenings by an accredited consultant, who is most definitely not a doctor. If I’d like to cough up another £10 I can be screened for an Osteoporosis Risk Assessment too. Bargain eh?

Thanks, but no thanks.


nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home